Friday, June 11, 2004

Think I'm Moving On....



Now that I have a place to move to in LA and am actually doing the packing thing, I have completely lost my mind. I have been packing up our things and periodically breaking down into tears!

What the fuck?!

I take inventory:

Is moving away really what I want?

Yes.

Do you really think you are going to ruin your child's life if you move to LA?

No, that's silly.

Even before you had a boyfriend who lived in LA, did you still want to move there?

Yes.

So what's your fucking problem?

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!

Nerves. Last minute jitters. Cold feet. Insecurity. Uncertainty. Fear. Lions, Tigers, & Bears. Oh my.

I keep thinking about the positives of moving and then the possible negatives creep in like bad dreams. Interest rates are going up...I know this...might not be the best time to get into real estate. What if I can't make ends meet on a 100% commission career? I have no one else to fall back on if I am not bringing in any income. Also, in the forefront of my mind is the fact that not having the distance to hide behind anymore, my relationship is going to be real. That also means that the possibility of it ending is real too. Should I let my son get attached to my boyfriend? What if we break up? Can I put my son through that again? How much time together is the right amount of time and how much space should I put between them? Where's the fucking handbook for this shit?

Life is so much more complicated when you are a parent. I carry this heavy guilt of not providing my child with the security of an intact family. I put him through divorce, a break up with the guy he called Dad for 4 1/2 years, now moving away from his grandparents he loves so much...I guess if worse comes to worse, after 2 years in LA, we can always move back if it doesn't pan out.

It's funny. You really never appreciate what you have til you lose it. I have been focusing on how unhappy I am in this hicktown for so long that I didn't fully appreciate the awesome home I have built here for myself and my son. These walls have seen so much. So many memories. Five years worth of laughter and tears. My baby grew into a little man here. I finally packed up his baby clothes and am letting them go. No reason to hold onto tiny socks and bibs forever. I am going to let him pull out the things he wants to hold onto and the rest go with The Salvation Army when they get here on Monday.

I guess I'm moving on.

No one said it was going to be easy.

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Blogger oakleyses said...

polo outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, burberry handbags, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet online, nike free, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co, christian louboutin uk, longchamp outlet, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, prada handbags, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, uggs outlet, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger oakleyses said...

mac cosmetics, instyler, herve leger, vans outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, nike roshe run, hollister clothing, celine handbags, reebok outlet, nike air max uk, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, p90x workout, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, mont blanc pens, hollister, insanity workout, nike roshe run uk, jimmy choo outlet, nike air max uk, north face outlet, asics running shoes, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers uk, new balance shoes, ralph lauren uk, longchamp uk, bottega veneta, nike huaraches, beats by dre, hermes belt, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, north face outlet, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, lululemon, valentino shoes, nike free uk, ghd hair, mcm handbags

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors handbags, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, links of london, michael kors outlet online, supra shoes, converse outlet, pandora uk, ugg uk, ugg, ugg pas cher, converse, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, gucci, juicy couture outlet, ray ban, louboutin, timberland boots, lancel, doke gabbana, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, karen millen uk, pandora charms, hollister, nike air max, swarovski, wedding dresses, hollister, ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton, oakley, vans, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, marc jacobs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home