Tuesday, December 14, 2004



Yay. The holidays. Time for Christmas cheer and maxing your credit cards to only put a miniscule pathetic dent in the balance by next Christmas and so the cycle churns.

I am not a big Scrooge by any means but I would like to see the holidays go smooth for one person I know. Everyone I know dreads the holidays. Family gatherings just remind us of why we moved away in the first place and the stress of trying to please one person through the ordeal is enough to make anyone want to just stay home.

This year we aren't getting a tree because we are going to be in Cabo for Xmas and I don't want to deal with worrying about whether or not the cats somehow chewed through a cord or knocked the goddamn thing over while we are gone so fuck it. No tree. We get a railing decorated with icicle lights and that's it.

What is it with the holidays anyway? Why is a time that is meant to be merry bring out such woe and depression? So many people are sad during this time of year. I am not sad. I am bitching because as a woman who is cursed with mestruation, it is my genetic right but I mean the people who are like Paxil prescribed sad. Bummer but like my grandpappy always said...Better them than me! LOL

Oh! And for those coming to our Xmas party this weekend, please make sure you RSVP on the Evite!

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home